Friday, June 26, 2009

San Francisco


Now caked in Sefora makeup, Abby and I feel movie stars as we sit in the San Francisco International Airport’s food court trying to keep ourselves occupied for the next 3 hours. I am currently running on 4 hours of unsatisfying sleep, 2 shots of espresso and a dozen or more cheese and cracker sandwiches. I almost spent $25 on absolutely wonderful eyeliner, but my good conscious stepped in and said, “Wouldn’t you rather buy a nice bottle of wine?” I said, “Yes of course” and cancelled the charge to my checking account. We spent a good amount of time lip-syncing to Pink Martini and taking random photos of ourselves in the airport instead of seeing the city because the BART is ridiculously expensive. It is because of this and the dumb sales tax that I miss Oregon already. Not to mention my mom and boyfriend are there too. I love and miss you both! I can’t believe it’s only been a little over 24 hours that this adventure has started. The good news is we’re safe, haven’t lost anything and I have only spent about $20. (Knock on wood y’all!) However, my shoulders hurt like hell, my feet are getting blisters and I’m quite tired. This of course is all counter-balanced by the fact that I will be on the south beaches of France in 2 days. Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment