Friday, June 26, 2009

Marseille


Je suis a Marseille! It’s sunny and warm with blue skies and blue salty water. The food: Pizza, sandwiches, anything made out of bread. The drinks: Pastise, Pastise, Pastise. It’s a licorice flavored alcohol served with water and ice. There is this other drink, a beer called Maximator, too. It’s not particular to here I don’t think, but the name cracks me up. Jon is great. He’s helpful and invites us places, his friends are nice and his English is good. His friend has a flat just about a mile from le Vieux Port, which is where we’re staying. It’s pretty adorable. There’s a balcony we can dry our clothes on which has a wonderful view. I can see the big church from it. Today I started off with a long, wonderful shower then some journaling on the beloved balcony. Later we explored town which is all restaurants and places to shop then went to the beach and realized that that’s basically what there is to do here. I have to say that the beach was beautiful, the water a bit cold but not unbearable, but I was a tad disappointed that there wasn’t sand, just rocks. There’s a big fountain near the flat and a ferris wheel at the end of the big street. The McDonalds is about a 10 minute walk, but it’s worth it because it has free wifi. However, the plug-ins there weren’t working for me so I rely on my battery, giving a very limited amount of time to go online. I hope the farm is better in this respect. I’m excited to go to the farm. I hope to find some peace there. It’s interesting trying to speak French here. Usually I’m pretty lost, but it’s not impossible for me to get around (In Irish accent just for Kai). Again, I apologize for the disconnected thoughts, I really should write these during the day. The sea air knocks me out- Je suis KO!! I love and miss you mom and Kai. In fact, if you take the time to read these you’re probably close to me. So to all of you-I love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment