San Francisco to New York, New York to Dublin and now Dublin to Marseille. In just a few hours we will reach our first real destination. In total it’ll be one train, three planes, two busses, the BART, the Subway and a lot of walking, but we will eventually get there. We’re exhausted now and have managed to get into our first tiff, but I’m learning not to dwell on things and look on the positive side. So, I will not further mention the fight, but I will say that I had a lovely morning eating breakfast in Central Park yesterday. I haven’t really slept since we arrived in York but I think I’m managing okay. (That’ll change when I have to start speaking French.) I liked New York City and was in awe that I was actually there, but I didn’t find it particularly romantic and don’t have a strong desire to go back, at least not anytime soon. Today we didn’t even leave the Dublin airport, which was perfectly fine with me and instead we enjoyed coffee and sandwiches. I finished my Nick Hornby book and wasn’t particularly impressed, however I also finished the lovely travel guide book Patty got me. (If you read this, Patty, THANK YOU!!) It had wonderful advice like always pack honesty, stay flexible and never accept a drink you didn’t see poured. That’s just a few. I am excited/ nervous about meeting Jon, our Couch Surfing host. If I’m sketched out, I’m leaving and if I’m not I will most likely still sleep with my money belt on. Still nothing has come up to stifle our trip and I am very thankful for that. We are well and mostly alive-ha ha- just in need of some good rest. I love the Irish accent, but I admit a bit hard to understand at times. I apologize for the scatterbrainness- I’m sure you can all relate. Mom and Kai- I love and miss you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment