The day I arrived was interesting. I got dropped off by my host in the middle of this city called Narbonne and started to cry a little bit because I was scared about traveling all alone, but I'm doing better now, gaining more confidence and what not. I had not heard from the friend I was planning of staying with for days so I was a bit worried, but being strong willed I looked up her address on pages blanches and the directions on google maps at the local MacDo and found her house, but no one was there. Alors, I hung out with some gypsies for a while because they seemed like the only nice people around. It was the first test of my french skills. I am such a trustworthy person I left everything I had with the gypsies so I could buy some pizza and a coke. Who knew everything was fine, nothing was stolen or anything. After my dinner I went to sit in front of her house and think I freaked out some of their neighbors and I definately attracted the creepos with my obviously an American traveler bit. Oi. Eventually though, the same neighbors invited me to wait in their jarden but Anne and her family didnt show up! It started getting dark and those neighbors were so so so nice they let me stay in their beautiful house for the night. I got the upstairs loft all to myself and it was really big and comfortable and the best thing I've slept on this whole trip! In the morning though I finally got to Anne's house and that day we just hung around the house, ate, drank tea, looked at fashion mags and caught up. I haven't seen her in just about a year! Since I've arrived, I've done some really good shopping, went to the art museum to see some Mucha (great stuff!) and went to the beach. They beaches have improved each time. This one was warm and sandy :) My favorite part though has been to have meals with the family. They are loud and halarious and not to mention very nice and polite. Its so nice dining with a French family. The mom, Joelle, insists that I practice my French so I think I've been getting better everyday, but it's hard to tell lol
Well this should get you caught up on my journey and I will try to write something interesting soon. Tomorrow I am off to Paris so see my friends yay!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment